This month we start our 4th year as liveaboards. Here is a summation of our feelings about the past 3 years:
- We have all our "stuff" in storage and we miss NOTHING. We have decided to review it all, decide on the very few items we will keep and the rest will be auctioned or given away.
- We cannot image not living on the water.
- We are comfortable as can be and definitely made the right decision on our boat - an Island Packet 465. She is a solid sailing performer, comfortable on the hook, at the dock and underway.
- To answer the question people have about continuing to work on land: I travel a lot on business, have no problem doing it, but I'd rather be cruising.
- Len loves to do the boat maintenance while on land he hated cutting the grass, painting the eaves and cleaning the eves troughs.
- Our son loves living on board.
We love it and the only regret we have is not doing it earlier.